TheArtofSaro

TheArtofSaro
Singer . Songwriter . Serenader . Heartsnatcher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'll give you my heart if you give me yours.

Friday, April 20, 2012

A TASTE OF MY OWN MEDICINE

Where did I go wrong? I did just what I do.
I looked deep into his eyes and serenaded him, 
Bittersweet melodies piercing all the way to his core. 
He stayed, imploring song after song. 
He kissed his fingertips and pressed them gently to my forehead. 
I faltered, 
But I retaliated with a note so sweet and so delicate that it stung. 
He smiled with a kind of beauty that doesn't even belong here 
And placed my hand over his heart. 
I won! I had his beating heart in the palm of my hand!
But while I was busy celebrating, I didn't even realize... 
He walked away with mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment