TheArtofSaro

TheArtofSaro
Singer . Songwriter . Serenader . Heartsnatcher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'll give you my heart if you give me yours.

Friday, April 20, 2012

HARD LIKE ME


I hate that part of me...
the part that's soft,
the part that's naive,
the part that lets emotions run things and gets its feelings hurt,
the part that trusts without proof,
the part that's suspicious of everything it trusted.

If I could cut that part out, I'd be unstoppable!
Zigging and zagging,
maneuvering through the jokes, the lies,
the manipulations and misrepresentations,
scoffing at any attempt to throw me off my game.

Scoffing at any attempt to veer me at all.
Even if it's just to stop and smell the roses.
Who needs roses when you're hard like me?
Certainly not me.

I won't even notice that I miss them,
that would be one of those emotional reactions,
and those aren't happening any more. 
I won't even notice that you're standing there smelling roses by yourself.
The part of you that lets emotions run things
got its feelings hurt.

Not mine, I didn't let you veer me.
Who needs you when you're hard like me?

I do.

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment